- D.O.C status Parmigiano Reggiano cheese is like the word 'Champagne' on sparkling wine. It's truly the king of parmesan, made in strictly defined zones between Parma and Reggio Emilia.
- It takes 600 litres of cow's milk to make a 35 kg wheel of Auricchio Reggiano.
- Flavour match Reggiano cheese with ripe pears or red wine.
- Pecorino Romano has a firm granular texture with tiny holes, which makes it ideal for grating.
- Made from pure sheep's milk, Pecorino has a pungent flavor that is well suited to spicy pasta dishes such as Penne Arrabbiata.
- Never slice Reggiano or Grana cheese. Carve or tear it in chunks to preserve the taste sensation of its grainy texture.